Wiki con Collaborazione Studenti
Un fantastico team di studenti del nostro programma educativo ha realizzato questo wiki.
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Troubleshooting
This troubleshooting page will help you diagnose problems with the Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Phone Will Not Power On
The phone does not respond or show any sign of powering up.
Try a Different Charging Cable
If possible, use a different Micro-USB cable and power adapter to charge the phone. Plug in the phone and check the LED indicator above the display. If the LED is on, the phone is charging. Keep the phone plugged in for 20 minutes and then attempt to power on the device. If the LED indicator is not on, then the phone is not charging.
If the phone will not power up, you can attempt a force reboot. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power button together for 20-30 seconds to force reboot the phone. The phone should vibrate and reboot.
Phone Stuck in ODIN/Download Mode
The phone has a teal screen with a download symbol in the center.
Exit Download Mode
To get out of Download mode, reboot the phone by holding down on the following buttons simultaneously:
- Volume Down Button
- Power Button
- Home Button
Camera Failure Messages
"Unfortunately, Camera has stopped"
Reboot the Phone Multiple Times
It is possible that this error is a glitch within the firmware, hardware, or the app. Rebooting the phone could potentially fix the glitch.
Clear the Cache and Data of the Camera App
This will essentially reset the camera app and rule out any possibility of the error being a glitch. The following steps highlight how to clear the cache of the camera app:
- Tap the Apps icon on the home screen.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to the Application Manager located under 'Applications'.
- Swipe left or right to display the appropriate screen. To display all apps choose the 'All' screen.
- Go to Camera.
- Choose 'Clear Cache' to delete the cached files.
- Choose 'Clear Data' and then confirm to delete downloaded data, login information, settings, etc.
- Reboot the phone.
S-Pen is Stuck in the Phone
The S-Pen will likely get stuck in the phone if it is placed in backwards. Simply jerking the pen out of the phone will damage the internal sensor and you will need to disassemble the phone. To avoid this, follow the steps in the YouTube tutorial here.
Phone Battery Drains Quickly
Battery life issues can be attributed to the battery itself or it may be a problem in the software of the phone. There may be an app in the background that is causing the battery to drain quickly. To assure the battery is not being drained by an app, a reset into safe mode is necessary.
Safe Mode Reset
- Turn off the phone completely.
- Press and hold the power key.
- Once "Samsung Galaxy Note 5" appears on the screen, stop holding the power button and immediately press and hold the volume down button.
- The phone will restart, but continue holding the volume down button.
- "Safe Mode" should appear in the bottom left corner of the screen. Once this appears, you may stop holding the volume down button.