built in camera can't be detected
I Actually have a Asus Q525UAR 2-in-1. After I have opened my laptop to check if there are free m.2 slot, the camera is not anymore detected. When opening camera app it shows the camera not attached error 0xa00f4244.
I have tried most software troubleshooting:
1. Making sure camera is turned on
2. Windows trouble shooting
3. Windows update
4. Check device manager - Camera not shown
5. Check device manager - Camera not included in add legacy device
6. Windows reset - through the built in win10 reset option
7. Tried looking for drivers online - Asus site does not have camera driver. Can’t search specific driver for this
So the camera itself is not detected…. I am currently inclined to think that this is hardware. I also cant seem to find guides for my specific unit here for teardown. Can anyone point me to a guide or how to troubleshoot this problem?
There are actually 2 cables from the display that is connected to the motherboard. One big one on the left side of the motherboard and is nearer to the display. Another smaller one near the battery.
I am really a beginner here. It seems that the cable is protected by a cloth thing and has tapes on it. Should I just plug unplug it directly? what steps should I make first? I’m just afraid that my actions would actually cause more damage
Note: I can’t seem to upload an image here even through a comment.
Questa è una buona domanda?