Background and Identification
The WD Green SSD is a solid state drive (SSD) produced by Western Digital (WD), an American hard drive disk manufacturer and data storage company founded in 1970. By designing and producing data technology products, WD is one of the largest manufacturers of computer hard drive disks, SSDs (solid state drives) and flash memory devices. Competitors of WD include Seagate Technology and Micron Technology.
The “Green” name and color coding of the WD SSD means that this product is part of their eco-friendly line. It is available in capacities of 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 1TB, and 2TB. There are also two form factors available: 2.5 inch and m.2 2280.
Designed for daily computing activities, the WD Green SSD is an easy upgrade for PCs. They are also lightweight and shock resistant, with no moving parts to better protect consumers’ data from becoming corrupt from accidental bumps and drops.
- Capacity: 120GB, 240 GB, 480GB, 1TB, and 2TB
- Interface: SATA III
- Form Factor: 2.5 inch or m.2 2280
- Dimensions: 3.96" x 2.75" x 0.28" (2.5 inch); 3.15" x 0.87" x 0.06" (m.2 2280)
- 120 GB , 2.5 in, WDS120G2G0A
- 120 GB , m.2 2280, WDS120G2G0B
- 240 GB , 2.5 in, WDS240G2G0A
- 240 GB , m.2 2280, WDS240G2G0B
- 480 GB , 2.5 in, WDS480G2G0A
- 480 GB , m.2 2280, WDS480G2G0B
- 1 TB , 2.5 in, WDS100T2G0A
- 2 TB , 2.5 in, WDS200T2G0A