Have you tried plugging the Nexus into a computer with the supplied USB cable? If you did, is the device detected? If not, have you tried a different USB cable. Also, plugging it into a computer might take 30 minutes or so before the Nexus turns on due to the battery level. I had a USB to AC converter die on me in the past and multiple cables stop working over the years, so this was just a thought. Hope it helps.\
The projector's air filter may be too dirty which is causing it to over heat. Here is the instruction manual link for checking the filter. Hope this helps. http://www.manualslib.com/manual/151871/...-Pg-A10s.html?page=57
Rebecca, I would make sure that the terminals on the battery are clean, you can use a pencil eraser to do this. I would then check to make sure the power supply / power cord that you have is functional. Is it powered via USB cable? USB mini and USB micro cables wear out and stop charging devices like they should, you can also check the power adapter that the USB cable plugs into to ensure it is putting out 5 volts as it should. The easiest way to check these things is to find a spare cable around the house and a spare AC to USB adapter around the house and swap one out at a time to find the culprit. I hope this helps.
Yes. There is some great free software out there called photorec. I use it often in Linux, it's a command line utility. Works great to recover all types of files not just photos. The only problem with the software is that it does not keep your file hierarchy or file names when recovering files which makes it hard to find certain files. Other than file management it works great. I do this for a job too so if u have any more question then ask. My website is sicklesdatarecovery.com
Does your laptop have a removable battery? If it does have a removable battery then try removing the battery, plugging the laptop into the power supply and try turning it on. I have seen computers with bad batteries in the past not turn on with the battery connected to the laptop.
There may be a chance that you had accidentally loosened one of the "ribbon cables" that attach to the module that has the cellular radio and 802.11 radio when replacing the battery. Unfortunately you would have to disassemble the phone again and check the cables.