Background and Identification
Released in February 2012, the Nikon Coolpix L310 is a budget super-zoom digital camera with a 14 megapixel sensor. As part of Nikon’s Coolpix series, a line of digital compact cameras in many variants, the L310 features a 21x optical zoom. Since its release, the L310 has been succeeded by the L320.
The 21x optical zoom lens is a 35mm equivalent of 25-525mm. Moreover, the L10 has a sensor shift VR (vibration reduction) to help reduce the effect of camera shake. The camera also features Easy Auto mode, which automatically adjusts the camera’s settings based on the scene. Accordingly, there are seventeen screen modes that can be manually selected by the user in addition to the Sports Continuous and Smart Portrait System.
- Effective Pixels (Megapixels): 14.1 million
- Sensor Size: 1/2.3 in.
- Monitor Size: 3.0 in. diagonal
- Monitor Type: TFT-LCD with Anti-reflection coating, 5-level brightness adjustment
- Storage Media:
- SD memory card
- SDHC memory card
- SDXC memory card
- HD: 1280x720p/30fps
- Standard TV: 640x480/ 30fps
- ISO Sensitivity: ISO 80 - 1600, Auto (Auto gain ISO 80 - 1600)
- Top Continous Shooting Speed at Full Resolution:
- Up to 4 shots approx.
- 1.2 frames per second
- Battery/Batteries: AA (Alkaline, NiMH, Oxyride, or Lithium)
- Approx. Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth):
- 4.4 in. (109.9 mm) x 3.1 in. (76.5 mm) x 3.1 in. (78.4 mm)
- Approx Weight: 15.3 ox (435 g)