If your Whirlpool washing machine (model WTW4915EW1) is not going into high spin, there could be a few possible causes. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Check the load balance: An unbalanced load can prevent the washing machine from entering the high spin cycle. Make sure the clothes are distributed evenly inside the drum. If you're washing a single heavy item, such as a large towel or a comforter, add a few additional items to create a balanced load.
- Check for obstructions: Inspect the drum for any items that may have gotten stuck or lodged, such as small articles of clothing or loose objects. These obstructions can interfere with the spin cycle. Remove any such items if you find them.
- Examine the lid switch: The lid switch ensures that the washing machine will not enter the high spin cycle if the lid is open. Check if the lid is closing properly and if the lid switch is functioning correctly. If the switch is defective, it may need to be replaced.
- Verify the drain and pump: A clogged or partially blocked drain hose or pump can prevent proper drainage, which may result in the machine not entering the high spin cycle. Check the drain hose for any obstructions or kinks. Also, ensure that the drain pump is functioning correctly and not clogged. Clear any blockages if necessary.
- Inspect the drive belt: If the drive belt is worn, damaged, or loose, it may prevent the machine from entering the high spin cycle. Look at the belt for signs of wear or damage. If needed, replace the drive belt.
If none of these troubleshooting steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to contact Whirlpool customer support or a qualified technician for further assistance. They will be able to diagnose the problem more accurately and provide guidance on how to fix it.
Questa risposta è stata utile?