Salta al contenuto principale

Model A1224 / Mid 2007 and Early 2008 / 2, 2.4, or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

602 Domande Visualizza tutte

big moldy area on iMac LCD

does anybody has seen such a screen on iMac?

Block Image

Block Image

below the screen glass, on the black film of the LCD, there are bubbles that looks like this, once monitor light up

Risposto! View the answer Anch'io ho questo problema

Questa è una buona domanda?

Punteggio 0

Commenti:

I don’t think this is mold, I’m suspecting you stored your system somewhere where LCD liquid within the display sandwich broke down.

If it was mold you likely have spores scattered within the system best to throw the system away as you'll just re-infect your home with the mold.

da

Aggiungi un commento

Kit di riparazione batterie iPhone

Solo $29.99

Buy Now

Kit di riparazione batterie iPhone

Solo $29.99

Buy Now

2 Risposte

Soluzione Prescelta

Ick. That’s just gross. I have seen that happen to an iMac that sat in a damp basement for a year or so. I wouldn’t bother cleaning that because mold is hazardous.

Here’s a link to a replacement screen

https://www.fasttech.ca/imac-20/imac-int...

Here’s a link to a guide on how to replace the screen

Installazione Pannello Display nell'iMac Intel EMC 2133 ed EMC 2210 da 20"

Update (11/24/2018)

If it truly is mold inside your system, your system will require a deep cleaning because as Dan said, any loose spores can re-infect the system and the home. It’s up to you, but I advise that you either deep clean your system or throw it away if it truly is mold.

On the other hand, if it isn’t mold and rather heat damage as Dan noted replacing the screen will help you out in your case.

Questa risposta è stata utile?

Punteggio 5

Commenti:

good answer, neither the great Louis Rossmann has answered this way; thanx

da

I agree with Dan, heat damage not mold.

da

@danj You're right. Maybe not the best idea to have the OP just replace the screen because the system could be crawling with mold if it is indeed mold.

da

I agree with both Dan and Aaron here. That looks like heat damage, not mold. If I am mistaken and it is mold then it would be best to either toss the system in the trash or do an intense cleaning of the system because of the dangers mold presents to a structure and to us humans too.

da

Aggiungi un commento

@gallina

In all reality, it should not matter what it is but that you need to get rid of it. Check for a fungal LCD on here Fungus on LCD screen Whatever damage it is you can always try and disassemble the actual panel. Most of the damage is most likely on the diffuser sheets. The panel on this iMac can still be disassembled to get to it. You could try and clean (use bleach for the system) those sheets or replace them. Just be careful when you do take it apart that you do not mix up or flip the sheets. The proper order and direction needs to be retained. If nothing else, you can also replace the display relatively inexpensive and fairly easy.

Questa risposta è stata utile?

Punteggio 2

Commenti:

a pity I could not take picture of the inside, but to explain you all better, the black LCD film has bubbles in correspondence of the shown "mouldy" area; however, even if it is not mould, I still guess how it happened

da

Aggiungi un commento

Aggiungi la tua risposta

SimoneGallina sarà eternamente grato.
Visualizza Statistiche:

Ultime 24 Ore: 0

Ultimi 7 Giorni: 3

Ultimi 30 Giorni: 14

Tutti i Tempi: 90