Hi, Repair Pros!
I understand that this thread is old, but still, worth a try.
I have finally disassembled my Macbook Pro A1211 and fixed "couple" of things:
1. Made my DVD work - was dead - probably distorted after fall, ended up leaving one screw out - and it worked.
2. Cleaned the air ducts and replaced the thermal paste on three chips - now normal temperatures are <50deg C, while they were >80deg C ever since I bought it new.
3. Removed the cover - so that I see the screen with ambient Backlight :) - for the situations when external monitor is not enough. :)
I would like to say big thank you to ifixid - without you - all that would be impossible. Now, I come to the question..
I had my backlight come off and then on several times, but once, it made some smoke and smell, and went off for good.
I do not have any replacement parts yet, but that's what I found so far:
The pins going to inverter:
- Dimming control works fine, ranges from 0.6V to 3.2V when adjusted.
- 12V is fine
- 5V is missing. Got 1.3V instead directly from the board, so cable should not be an issue. I tested it with inverter board disconnected.
So, my question is - can someone say if I should measure 5V even with Inverter board disconnected?
If yes - then where should I look for defects?
Is there any fuse that could have been killed with dead inverter board?
Other than dead backlight - laptop seems to be fully functional.
The smoke was coming from the left part - in the area of speaker, as far as I remember - well, it's couple of months back.
I did test the output as described elsewhere with the high frequency Hz detection. There's no output, but I guess it can be because the inverter is dead or because the power input voltage is too low.
But my question is rather about the power to the inverter, i.e. that lower than 5V value. Anyone has ideas why it might be and how to troubleshoot it?
Questa risposta è stata utile?