Water damaged iPhone 6 dead overheating PMIC - no shorts found
Hi, I took my friends iphone 6. He said a drop of water went in from the top of iphone. And the phone is dead now. I cleaned the motherboard with alcohol. Changed the battery and charging port. When I plug the phone to my dc supply the PMIC area gets hot. I checked for shorts on almost all of the caps and couldn't find any short. Then I used a freeze spray to find what was getting hot on board. And PMIC is the thing that gets hot. I disconnected the battery and plugged the charger into the phone then measured the voltage from the battery port. It was unstable and changing 2.0v to 3.8v. ( I am pretty sure that charging adapter is fine it is brand new and I tried different ones too)
So, now I am about to replace the PMIC. I think thats the problem. Should I try anything else before replacing PMIC?
I am newbie at phone repairs but I do trust my soldering skills.
Questa è una buona domanda?