820-2532 logic board problem!
I have a weird problem with this board I'm working on. (820-2532)
The unit powers on with magsafe only
The unit powers on with Battery only
When magsafe and battery are in together the green light will start flashing fast and the unit will not charge the battery (No amber light) then unit will shut down.
Things I did so far;
- Checked all current sensing resistors on battery and magsafe side. All good even the shunt resistors are good.
- Changed out the U7000 ISL6258 chip three times.
- Changed the SMC chip once
Things I noticed;
- When I remove the shunt resistor for the battery side and plug all devices into board (battery, Adapter), the battery will charge. (amber light).
- Voltage on Pins 17 and 18 on ISL6258 = 18V. Other boards say 12V
Whats up with that? Thought U7000 chip was bad, so I changed it three times! No good.
Any suggestions would help! Thanks!
Hello Guys and thanks for the fast response.
@danj - Yes, I am working off a Board view and schematic
@oldturkey03 - Sorry other boards are 12.6V
Pin 20 5.10V
Pin 27- 18.29V
F7040=18.29 both sides
Questa è una buona domanda?