I've said it before and I'll say it again...The rice myth kills too many phones!
You are fortunate that your device is not completely disabled but then again, by powering it on, you are accelerating the corrosion (oxydation) process internally. The spot on the display is caused by water. You will have to replace the screen assembly. You should back up your data while you can.
The water is inside the phone, on the logic board and under the shields, even under the IC's. The rice is nowhere near where the water is. So while it may soak up some water vapour, the real problem is the corrosion that is taking place as the water evaporates. The longer you let a phone sit in rice, the more time you are giving corrosion to damage your logic board. The saltier or harder the water is, the more damage will occur.
Here are some things you can do now:
- Open your phone and remove the logic board
- Inspect the logic board, especially around the connectors and look for corrosion.
- Inspect both sides of the board. Unfortunately, 80% of the board is covered in shields. That's usually where the damage is occurring.
- Put your board in a container with >90% isopropyl alcohol and let it sit for a while.
- Use a soft brush, like a toothbrush and lightly brush away any corrosion you see.
- Rinse in alcohol and repeat.
- Let it air dry for a day.
- Re-assemble and hope for the best.
Your best bet is to find a professional repair shop that does water damage repair. They have access to pro-level ultrasonic baths and specialized cleaners as well as the skills to troubleshoot your board.
Questa risposta è stata utile?
Hi, someone stood on my phone a while ago, and now big black blothes cover 3 quarters of my screen bu the phone still works. The part that works just glitches alot.
da Caitlyn Reid
i dropped my iphone on the floor and there is a black mark what do i do help
Do not panic, It happens to all of us. You see, There is a thin layer in your phone that holds ink. And when the thin layer cracks, It lets out some ink. I’m so sorry to say this but, There is a chance that it is going to stay forever. I have this on my phone too and I dealt with it. I tried to not drop my phone so many times. That’s why I only have 5 spots on my screen. It’s annoying but, You probably can get it fixed but it’s expensive. Take some of my tips.
1. Let it rest for some time.
2. Do not drop it.
3. Try not to spread the ink, It will get worse.
4. That’s all I got to say, Bye.
da Lucifer XXX
I'm freaking out, my phone was completely purple but at least I could somewhat see everything, now it's going completely black and Idk what to do.
i have the same problem but it is on my school computer there is a big black spot and then i close my computer and then i open it and then there are more black spots but they are little and then i told the school and the replacement of the screen costs 37 dollars and i don't want to waste money can anyone help me of what i can do please somebody help me and the black spot are so annoying plz .
da Natalhy Lopez
Mostra altri 13 commenti