Salta al contenuto principale

The second generation HTC One—dubbed the HTC One (M8)—features a dual flash and the new Sense 6 UI, and was released March 25, 2014.

224 Domande Visualizza tutte

Phone won't charge, charge slot burned

The other day charging my phone, my phone charger ended up burning my charging chip inside my HTC M8. The phone still works but when attempting to turn it on, the phone just keeps showing it is at 0% even with multiple different tries using different chargers. Looking inside the charging slot you can clearly see the chip is toasted. Is this replaceable and or fixable? I rather fix it, even if it's by someone else than to buy an entire new phone.

Thanks ahead

Risposto! View the answer Anch'io ho questo problema

Questa è una buona domanda?

Punteggio 7

Commenti:

GTABobby, What do you mean charging chip? There are tow PM IC to powering up your HTC M8, but non of they are located around or inside charging port.

da

The charging port is burned, I can not charge it. The USB is clearly burned from the inside because my phone charger overheated the phone and it ended up getting burned. The phone still says 0% and appears to work fine if it becomes charged but getting it to charge is the problem.

da

if you can clearly see the burns, then that must be the culprit, i might even advise you to repalace the battery if you plan on taking the phone apart..

da

the same thing happend to me but with my galaxy s4... if someone knows if this is fixable please let me know

da

Aggiungi un commento

Kits di riparazione iPhone X

Garanzia finita? Non preoccuparti, abbiamo la soluzione.

Acquista ora

Kits di riparazione iPhone X

Garanzia finita? Non preoccuparti, abbiamo la soluzione.

Acquista ora

3 Risposte

Soluzione Prescelta

To burn charging port required high power current. if you use 3rd party bad quality charger it cause to pass 220V/110V direct to your phone and cause to burn charging port.

Here HTC One (M8) Teardown guide

Check in below charging term having any component burned damaged or missing

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/ig...

Check both PM ICs (PM8941 PM8841) and the any short circuit in Micro USB pin1 and pin5

you can change the charging port with flex in any damages not found on motherboard.

by the way you are very lucky man as your battery didn't explode near your face at that time!

Good luck!

Questa risposta è stata utile?

Punteggio 2
Aggiungi un commento

If you want to replace M8 USB port, that's the guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQjJkkok...

Questa risposta è stata utile?

Punteggio 0
Aggiungi un commento

im haing the same problem , am I better to just buy a new phone?

Questa risposta è stata utile?

Punteggio 0

Commenti:

You might have to get a new phone. But before you do that its best to disassemble the phone to see if the battery or circuit board is burned. If any of those two or both are burned. That might be why the phone charger is burning. But you could also call your provider or the place where you got the phone.

da

Aggiungi un commento

Aggiungi la tua risposta

GTABobby sarà eternamente grato.
Visualizza Statistiche:

Ultime 24 Ore: 0

Ultimi 7 Giorni: 52

Ultimi 30 Giorni: 421

Tutti i Tempi: 27,181