Hello! I am McKinley Hixon, a Freshman at Grand Valley State University. I am majoring in Writing because telling stories is something I like to do and I would like to get better at it. With a B.A. degree in this program, I hope to write in all kinds of mediums, namely novels, comics, movies, and television.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good grasp on spelling and grammar conventions
- Patient when collaborating with others on a project
- Some knowledge in various programming languages (HTML, Java, Python)
Accomplishments and Accolades:
Some accomplishments and projects I am proud of include being one of the editors-in-chief for Waverly High School’s 2019-2020 yearbook, and numerous grants and essays that I helped write and edit for Waverly High School’s Robotics team.
Some recent accolades I have received:
- Waverly High School Academic Top 10 List (2020)
- Grand Valley State University Dean’s List (2020)
Experience with Repairs:
When it comes to repairing things, I have very little experience. I have put furniture and things like it together with instructions, but never have I ever had to significantly repair anything. I, however, am interested in learning how to fix things that may break (or in some cases are already broken) around my house, like computers and old game systems.
Here are a few clubs and organizations that I belonged to in the past:
- Waverly High School’s Yearbook Staff (2019 - 2020)
- Waverly High School’s Robotics Team (2018 - 2020)
- Waverly High School’s Quiz Bowl Team (2017 - 2020)
Here are some clubs and organizations that I am a part of currently:
- Grand Valley State University’s Fishladder Magazine Staff (2020 - present)
In my spare time, I like to read, write, and sleep. I also enjoy watching movies and tv shows and playing video games.
Here’s a picture of my favorite book, The Great Gatsby: