Most of the UPS vendors offer sizing guides so I would check with them to get the correctly sized UPS. Don’t forget there’s more than the system its self its all of the peripheral devices connected to the system which also needs to be added in.
OK, let’s drill down into why your system is failing with the 480 watt UPS. There are different issues which you can face just from your power lines!
- Your outlet is not properly grounded and/or the cord is not!
- Your buildings (home) breaker/fuse panel is not bonded to a proper earth ground.
- Your power provider is not offering clean or correct voltage power or has transients that the UPS is unable to fix.
So get a simple outlet checker to test your outlets in the North America we have 120 Volts so this tester is what will work The Electrical Outlet Tester - How to use and why you should have it There are similar units for 220 outlets.
Going to your panel you should see a green cable exiting which is bonded to a metal water pipe or one or more grounding rods pressed into the ground. Make sure the physical connections are not corroded (clean metal to metal contact)
These tests can put you into harm so if you don’t have the skills and tools you should hire an electrician to test things!
- Using a Ohm meter check the connections from the panel ground bus bar and the grounding point
- Make sure the neutral side bus bar is correctly wired and both it and the ground bus bars meet your electrical code.
- Make sure the circuit you are using is properly wired from the panel to the outlet (all three wires are present)
If you suspect the power is not clean you should be able to get the utility to plug in a line tester to monitor the power over a week or so. It can record power fluctuations as well as disruptions.
Otherwise your UPS could have an old battery or my not have the ability properly produce the needed 50~60 Hz sine-wave. Some units only offer a simple square-wave which won’t work for many computers (cheap units). Review the UPS spec sheet the cleaner the AC produced the better and review its ability to fill-in voids and shifting frequency.
Questa risposta è stata utile?