intermitent power on and off veiwsonic va912
HI all i have a old veiwsonic va912 used as a extended desktop in a 4 monitor set up, a bit ago it started powering off then on again without any user input. im not exatly new to motitor problems so have managed to narow it down first a discription of the fault
- after the monitor is powered on from cold it will run no probs for 5 min or so
- after this it will turn its self off competly no power leds no turning back on if i press power botton its as if the power cable is unpluged
- after 30-60 secs it will power back on
- after 30-60 secs it will power off again and this will reapeat indefenatly
- so after some looking around i found this site and a forum that seemed to have same issues as mine the main marked up ansew was yes its prob the power board buy a new one, one of the other ansewers did metion it could be a overheat problem so i striped the monitor again (id already had it in bits and did a visual inspetion for bulged caps with no look) and did note that some solder joints had burnt, so i resoldered and the prob was still there but with the board exposed the screen stayed on for longer, and with a fan blowing on it it stayed on indefenatly though after some time it got very buzzy noise wise and lots off tiny horazotal lines started to blurr the picture.
- so i belive some of the CAPs are bad is there a way to test them? well on board ive orderd a multi pack of CAPs but would like to narrow it down obviose start are the solder joints that were burnt, id rather not just replace all of them as i am boand to runn in to this prob again at some point and would like to know a effechent way of narrowing it down and only replaceing bad CAPs
- Thanks for reading and Thanks for any responses
- im going to strip a tv with a smashed screen and see if any of the CAPs are the right size and report back with any thing i find Thanks again all :)
Questa è una buona domanda?