No video: new 72 pin connector, disabled lockout pin, cleaned interior
Sorry if this is a repeat of something already posted on here; I searched for similar questions, but couldn’t find any exactly like mine.
I have a NES that isn’t outputting video. When it was given to me, it had the ‘blinking red light’ problem, so I took the following steps:
- Installed a new 72-pin connector
- Cleaned any visible corrosion with 91% rubbing alcohol
- Disabled the locking chip
- Verified that the power cable and coax cable are both working
- Recleaned the 72-pin connections on the motherboard with 91% rubbing alcohol, doublechecked the pins’ cleanliness and positioning
- Tried the machine on channels 3 and 4
Now, the blinking red light problem is gone, but when I turn on the system, nothing but a solid, pinkish / reddish, color appears onscreen. Once in a great while, there will be a bit of garbage onscreen (some random numbers or letters within blocks), but no matter what game I attempt to use (I have a working NES for testing games), the result is basically the same.
Has anyone else had this experience? Any thoughts on what else I could replace or fix? Thanks in advance!
Questa è una buona domanda?