Why won't my laptop display, or charge.
The computer will not post. It shows signs of booting such as fans spinning, and the optical drive audibly initializing.
With the factory issued charger inserted, I get a white charge-light for about a second, then it turns orange. The power indicator is also lit, however the HDD light is not. If the charger is removed when the computer is “booted” (I.E. Fans spinning) the light flashes white every second.
Things I’ve Tried:
- Different chargers, universal, and brand name. I get the same results.
- Unplugging the battery and CMOS and holding the power button for 30 seconds.
- Tried and external HDMI monitor.
- Swapping RAM with test sticks
- Booting without the HDD
- Booting with the battery disconnected
The battery was swapped in November because it was dead.
The heatsink was swapped in November because one of the fans stopped spinning.
Windows was reinstalled because of a drive issue
If anyone has any insight, I’d love some assistance. The service manual should be linked on the device page if that helps anyone. Thank you!
Questa è una buona domanda?