Cleaned Keyboard with Rubbing Alcohol. MacBook doesn't power on.
Yup, another one of these. I sure wish that I would've looked this up before hand, but didn't think it would be an issue at all.
I bought a second hand Macbook and was cleaning it out thoroughly since it was so dirty. Everything went great! Right up until I was cleaning the edges of the keys on the keyboard with a Q-Tip and Rubbing Alcohol. After finishing that task, my Macbook no longer powers on. Here's what I've tried:
- Fully charging the Battery, nothing.
- Disconnecting the battery and holding power for 10 seconds, reconnecting and holding power for 10 seconds.
- Trying each individual RAM stick in the primary RAM slot
- Resetting PRAM
- Jump boot with the keyboard ribbon connected
- Jump boot without keyboard ribbon (It did boot up! And was able to use the trackpad without issue.)
So at the end of the day, I'm 99.9% certain it's the keyboard. This happened yesterday and have heard that maybe letting it dry for a few days might bring it back, but I'm not hopeful. Other than replacing the entire Lower case, is there anything else someone might recommend or had some success with? I really don't want to go through such a big hassle for an old macbook.
Questa è una buona domanda?