OptiBay SSD has issues handling files
I recently installed a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD in a HDD caddy after removing the internal dvd drive. The SSD was working fine in the normal HDD slot before. but I'm having issues with it inside the caddy now.
OS-X recognizes the SSD and the HD diagnosis tool confirms it appears to be OK on check although it did NOT for the first few trys of checking/repairing.
I can format the drive just fine using the HDD tool inside OS X. I can copy files to the SSD. I can rename files on the SSD. Now the issues:
- Files copied to the ssd appear to be broken and can't be opened (example with a few images below)
- I originally intended to use this drive for BootCamp with Windows 7. When I try to install windows 7 the installer says that Windows can't be installed on the selected drive (the optibay SSD)
Additional hardware specs:
- 16GB crucial Ram
- Primary SSD inside main HDD slot: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
- Secondary SSD inside optibay caddy: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
- CPU: 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5 (Intel HD4000)
- Boot-ROM-Version: MBP91.00D3.B0B
- SMC-Version (System): 2.2f44
I hope any of you guys can help me out. I don't think this is a hardware issue as the SSD is recognized fine and also because I was using it as primary in the main HDD slot literally a day before I changed the setup.
Questa è una buona domanda?